E-book to help you research, write, revise, and get ready to publish in all genres

Monday, November 18, 2019

Do our poems make a difference?


Earlier today I received word that Interlitq had posted my poem Grieving,” which I hope you’ll read on their site by clicking its title. But I mention this because a response from a reader stunned me. She wrote:

“Wow. I just finished praying over Hong Kong and then read this poem. Hong Kong is grieving like this. Beautiful.”

Who would have thought that a poem beginning with sorrowful crows and elephants could travel to Hong Kong and back with healing words both ways?

But isn’t that our hope each time we submit a poem for publication – that somehow somewhere someone will be affected in some way? What a blessing when someone takes the time to say so!

May you find encouragement in your writing life today.

Mary Sayler, ©2019






No comments:

Post a Comment